Mrs. Schaefer's 5th Grade
Welcome to Mrs. Schaefer's fifth grade!
My name is Deborah Schaefer and I have been teaching in Durand Area Schools since 2001. I am a Durand High School graduate; I earned my Bachelors degree from Western Michigan University and my Masters degree from Marygrove College. I live in Durand and have twin sons who attend school in Durand.
I am very excited to work with your child each day!
Students can read thousands of books online using this site.
Encourage your child to read and take Accelerated Reader tests.
Remind your child to practice math facts regularly.
Check your child's grades often on PowerSchool.
STUDENT SUPPLIES -
- 1 - 3 subject notebook for Math
- 3 - 1 subject notebooks for other subjects.
- 3 plastic pocket folders
- 2 packages of sharpened #2 pencils
- 2 highlighters
- 1 package of fine point black Expo markers
- 4 glue sticks
- 1 box of colored pencils
- 1 pencil pouch or box
Additional helpful items to have in the classroom-
- $3-5 Activity Donation
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 fine point black Sharpie marker
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 2 packages of wipes (disinfectant or wet wipes) or baggies (quart or gallon size)
- 1 pair of earbuds or headphones
- A mouse for their Chromebook